add

Monday, May 23, 2011

A wife's salary

All these products you see, 20 Pom Teas, 20 toothpaste, 33 waters, 10 vitamin waters and 5 palmolive dishsoaps were bought by the salary of a stay-at -home mom...coupons! The grand tally for all these products was $3!!

I have been a loyal watcher of "extreme couponing" on TLC. I loved it because these coupon moms weren't the normal "cat lady" "puzzle enthusiast" "mom jean wearer" moms...they were normal even young mom trying to save their family money.

So I decided to take my hand at the art of the coupon. At first, my husband threw around the words "crazy" and "obessive" with my new found hobby.  Especially after I made him take my oldest son and I dumpster dive for coupons! (I know what your thinking..."Digging through the trash, she will need to bath in hand santizer!!") But in Colorado they actually have recyling bins that only contain paper products especially newspaper.And don't worry, Grandparents, your grandson was not thrown into the trash to dig around.  He just handed his daddy the coupons once I found them.

And now "Charlie" is my coupon partner in crime.  He gets me coupons and is my backup on my shopping trips!

And, by the way, if anyone wants to donate their coupons, send them to Colorado, they will be put to good use.

But getting lots of items we use and hoarding things just because they are free...(one trip I got 20 water and 2 toothpaste for .6 cents!) I plan to give anything we don't need to church.

So this is my contribution to the family, getting almost free groceries!

No comments:

Post a Comment